Thank you, Beautiful people :-)

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cuppies Patchwork


I always admire Julie Mckenzie's cupcakes patchwork and inspired by her works. My online conversation with my dear friend musliha about sue bonnet patchwork had gaves me an idea on how to sew this cupcakes. I bought this readymade teatowel from lynncottage . It comes in three pcs with 2 different design and another one is just a plain towel and I love it!..it gaves me an opportunity to "paint" this empty fabric.

I rummage my stash cabinet for the fat quarter cotton collection..some I bought from Yee's button, cottage patch or even a gift from a stitching friends. I take out my button box and start to pick a suitable button which is also a gift from a close stitching friends.

I started to make the template and draw it on the piece of paper, cut the fabric according to the template and place it on the interfacing and ironed it. Assembled it and hand stitch it with blanket stitching. Rejoice!.

8 comments:

shima said...

salam sal
jahit tangan ya, cantik

Salmi said...

salaam shima, ha ah handstitch..main taram jer..hehehe..thanks ya:-)

Diah Rothman said...

Comel2 semua cupcakes Salmi.... and very neat works.

Salmi said...

Salaam kakdee, thankss :-)

Mrs. Fedex said...

walla.. dah siap! nice.. nice..

Salmi said...

thankss mus !..lepas nie boleh buat sue bonnet pulak :-)

Nur said...

Wah, hand stitched. Tabik kak Sal! :)

Salmi said...

salaam yati, thanks :-)