Thank you, Beautiful people :-)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Batik Chanting


Salaams and hello readers , *Smile*

My Ribbon Embroidery Masterclass had brought me into a new excitement in Ribbon embroidery where I had learned to do batik painting and how to dye a ribbon..very interesting *wink*


It was a one day lesson syllabus covers the batik painting technique using a modern chanting tool instead of the old traditional tool -- the copper chanting and hot wax. The modern tool are easy to apply and to work with. However, I still find it difficult in the beginning because I am not good at free hand drawing *sigh* and I did make few mistakes in the chanting process, as a result the colour leak during the painting process *lesson learned*


Teachers is demonstrating on how to apply the and chanting the batik.

I am chanting a batik with basket motif..


*Yaadaaa* after the painting process..ermmss notice the colour leaking at some spot and I am still a beginner in colouring *sigh* however my teacher has been helping me a lot during the whole process :-). I washed the batik next day to remove the wax by just using the normal tap water and leave it to dry before I can start my ribbon embroidery project.

Till next entry, take care everyone. xoxo

10 comments:

shima said...

cantik salmi...

muna mahdzar-fadaaq said...

this is great... tak payah dok cairkan lilin lagi.
And your artwork is beautiful. Good job!!
xoxo

Salmi said...

thanks shima, xoxo :-)

yes muna..sangat senang..no worries to work under air conditioned room sebab wax tu tahan suhu sejuk..kalau tak we all semua kena berpanas2..hehehe..sebab takut lilin cepat beku :-)..thanks muna.

Salawati said...

this is a brilliant idea! teringat dulu masa kat uni belajar canting batik guna traditional way (for 2 semesters)...
and your chanting is really beautiful :)

Nur said...

Bestnya, Kak Sal belajar benda baru. Baru first time Yati tengok paint tool tu. :)

MamaTiaMia said...

salam salmi,cantiklah..kalau buat kaftan pun cantik;) love yr berkebun entry;)

Salmi said...

Salawati, thank you..and I memang tak pernah mencanting sebelum nie :-)

yati, terima kasih dear :-)

salaam mamatiamia thank you, yes kaftan pun sesuai sangat and easy to sew for me :-)

Nita said...

cantik sgt..sy minat dlm kerja batik..cuma yg menjd masalah tak pandai guna acuan canting ngan lilin panas ajer..leh tanya mana nk dptkan lilin tu? tq...Nita

Nita said...

cantik sgt..sy minat dlm kerja batik..cuma yg menjd masalah tak pandai guna acuan canting ngan lilin panas ajer..leh tanya mana nk dptkan lilin tu? tq...Nita

Salmi said...

saalaam nita, semua tools tu cikgu yang supply :-)..boleh dapatkan daripada dia..